chatting websites are continually reminded to be respectful and keen in observing proper conversation protocols. A rule and order is important especially in communication. The absence of which is miscommunication that will complicate chatting in an online chat rooms for adults.
Like in any games there are rules to play. So chat as game has etiquettes as part of the rules when chatting. Let us then consider these major and minor etiquettes when playing the game of chat especially in a chatango chat rooms.
Major Etiquettes1) Politeness It will be polite to ask if you could join a chatroom especially there are few subscribers to it. Once you are welcomed take some time to review the previous discussion so you can participate more intelligibly and contribute substantively.
2) Be considerate To be considerate is to be respectful of the people you are chatting with. Try to be patient especially among beginners (newbies). Recognize the fact that when you chat others will have different personality, opinions, cultural background and experiences from you. When discussing topics such as religion and politics different point of views and opinions should be discussed and dealt with a lot of tact and diplomacy.
3) Friendliness A chat becomes meaningful when you made new friends from among the chatters. Imagine making new connections from different parts of the world and touching lives of different people through your inspiration and wisdom. Although it is not the maxim but definitely making new friends is something chatters would always look forward to when they chat.
1) Avoid the use of CAPITAL LETTERS unless you are visually impaired or visually challenged the use of capital letters is a no-no. Computer language etiquette instruct that for chatting and even emailing the use of capital letters is like shouting. If you cannot avoid writing in ALL CAPS then explain it to the people you are talking or writing.
2) Avoid the use of too much colors or blinking emotions Some may find it fancy but others may get annoyed with colors that is difficult to read and distracted by too much blinking or moving emotions. Use them sparingly. It is far better to impress the people you are chatting websites with your wisdom and funny entertaining personality than your savvy hacker side. Unless it is a hacker’s chat.
3) Avoid lurking like stalkers When joining a chat do not just lurk and read. Join the conversation and have fun. Introduce yourself, tell if you are a beginner or new to the chat room and if you think it is not your topic of interest then inform the rest of the chatters that you are leaving them. It is definitely important to be aware of these etiquettes of online chat rooms for adults that should be properly observed especially in a chatango chat rooms, only then will the experience of chatting websites be more worthwhile and pleasurable one. Although these major and minor etiquettes is not a must, however, these suggestions will be very helpful for those who would want maximum benefit in their chatting.